Easy Berry and Biscuit Ice Cream
Our favourite recipe this summer is this easy berry no-churn ice cream! The kids love it, it’s flexible and you may already have these ingredients in the fridge!
To mix things up, try raspberries, strawberries or blackberries! For your biscuits try gingernut cookies, butternut snaps or even oreos!
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- roughly 1/2 cup biscuits, coarsely crushed
1. In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add condensed milk; beat until mixture thickens. Gently fold biscuits into the cream mixture. Transfer to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Drop berry mixture by tablespoonfuls over ice cream. Cut through ice cream with a knife to swirl. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
1/2 cup: 226 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.